"Trash!...You’re Eating Trash!"

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Some of you may know that my good friend Sarah left New York last Saturday. We did everything together, so you can imagine how much I miss her. She’s at home in Texas living it up with the family. I get to go see her in April. It will be my first time to Texas, so I’m way excited. Sky diving anyone?

Right after she left I went to the gym for a while, and started thinking about all the things we have done together during the past ten months. Most of my New York memories include Sarah, and I just wanted to document them. This is so when I’m old I can remember the good times with little, sweet Sarah. Don’t feel like you have to read them. Most of you won’t get most or any of them, except Sarah, and she probably won’t read them either. She struggles with the whole blog thing.

Highlights of the past 10 Months with Sarah:
  • Plays/shows/ballet: the Pirate Queen, Tarzan (Yumm), The Lion King, Les Miserable, Circus Inferno (HaHa), The Drowsy Chaperone, Legally Blond, Curtains, Wicked!, Young Frankenstein, Romeo and Juliet, Sleeping Beauty, the Nutcracker, and some Chinese modern dance thing. (Wow…not bad).

  • Brunch! We are brunch people. Bubby’s has the best eggs benedict, but Alice’s tea cup and Nice-Matin will always hold special places in our hearts.

  • Cupcakes, sweetish-fish, and cheesecake…oh my!

  • Lost! It’s time to talk serious!

  • Omigosh, omigosh, you guys!” (always sung never just plainly said)

  • Who’s going to order my Indian food for me? Sad Sigh!

  • Museum of Natural History + America’s next top Model = Sarah’s favorite New York memory.

  • Sarah: “Trash! You’re Eating Trash!” (Referring to the almond joy I was eating at lingos...it's my favorite Sarah Quote)

  • The mad dash to Toys”R”Us for candy before shows.

  • Sarah: “No thank you.” (Said to a homeless man that was asking for money while we were walking down 72nd).

  • Watching movies in the common room of I-House. Oh, I-House.

  • Toby Maguire outside of the Lion King Theater.

  • Wicked lottery (Starbucks Gingerbread Steamers!)

  • Serafina’s! I’ll never be able to eat there without her!

  • Madagascar in the Central Park!

  • Movies: There are too many to count. Sarah opened my eyes to movies I would never have seen without her.

  • Dallas BBQ/Dinosaur BBQ (You bring the honey! I can’t wait to go to Texas and try real BBQ)

  • Most of our time was spent eating. We went to a lot of places. I started to make a list but then it started to get way to long. Oh, well. We were always down for a cheap good meal.

  • Our place! (This is in front of the Merry-go-round in Bryant Park. I can’t even remember how many times we met there)

  • My first New York phone Call was from Sarah. I talked to her before I even talked to my mom.

  • I have almost one hundred pics of me and Sarah. “You’re so vain…you probably think this song is about you.) Sarah is the master of taking pictures of herself. Luckily she let me in on a few. ……..


    There are many more, but I’m trying to think of all of them. This post will be one that I’m constantly updating as the memories come in.

1 comment :

  1. I love that more than one of your Sarah memories have to do with homeless people... I think she just has one of those "magnetic" personalities. Heehee.

    ReplyDelete