Two Sisters = A lot of Broadway and Trouble!

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

I’m a pleased to announce the upcoming arrival of my sister to this great city! Kari is coming to play with me on March 29th for five days. I’m so excited. It’s always fun to hang with Kari. She’s an easygoing house guest and is always fun. The only thing she wanted to do on this trip to New York was to go and see some Broadway plays. She wanted to see four to be exact. Yes, four! She had a personal budget of $200 and she didn’t want to do lotteries. She knows my troubles with lotteries. I thought I could scrounge up $200 so I could go with her.

So, yesterday after work I ventured forth on my quest for Broadway tickets. Being such short notice, I wasn’t sure if I would be able to get cheap tickets for the shows of her choosing, but I had to try. Well, as I told my sister, “the Broadway gods where with us.” I was able to get tickets to Spamalot (she really wants to see Clay), Legally Blonde, Wicked, and Hairspray for $204.75 per person. I apologized profusely to my sister for going over $4.75. She seemed to be ok with that.

I have seen all four of these plays, but I think it’s worth the $204.75 to go with my sister. She loves Broadway and she will be seeing all these plays for the first time. Hairspray is my favorite play and it will be fun to see it again with a new cast.

I can’t wait for her to come.

She’s one of my best good friends!

P.S. Best ticket purchase…amazing Hairspray seats for $65. The cheapest tickets that aren't student are $75. How did I get them? Well, that's my dirty little secret!

No comments :

Post a Comment