A Taste of LIFE and RENT!

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Last night a good friend of mine and I went to eat at Life Café down in the east village. I was very excited to go to a new part of the city and try a new restaurant. For those of you that do not know, Life Café is featured in the play Rent (which is closing on June 1). It’s the part of the play where everyone is dancing on the tables singing La Vie Boehme. The author of this Pulitzer-Prize-winning musical, Jonathan Larson, visited this café while he was writing it.

I loved this little Café. The food was really good and not expensive. The atmosphere is really cool. They have pictures of Rent all around the restaurant. I loved it. I would go again! It was nice to go to a quaint, cozy, little place and enjoy a good meal after a long day of work. The chocolate cake in a brown paper bad was really good! Not what I expected, but good.

1 comment :

  1. Erika -- I love the new look of your blog! If I ever start one (and you know the conditions under which that will happen), I'm going to need your help.

    Leah

    ReplyDelete