Rockin’ Ronnie!

Monday, March 24, 2008

My dad called me during the fall and informed me that he was turning my room into a music room. He had just purchased a drum set and Kari, my sister, was going to start giving him lessons. I wondered how long this littler music phase was going to last and if my room would be back to normal when I returned this summer. I should have never underestimated my dad. Not only has he been practicing on the drums everyday, but he has also started taking saxophone lessons as well. I can’t help but laugh. How cute is that!?

I remember him telling me when I was in middle school that he had always wanted to learn to play the drums, but never did anything about it. Since Kari will be home for a little while and could teach him, he thought this would be the perfect time to live his dream.

They have now moved the drum set out into his work shop so he wouldn’t be causing too much noise. He called a month ago and asked if he could bring my stereo out there so he could “jam.”

My sister tells me he’s the perfect student because he practices all the time and wants to learn so bad. She says his doing well! She has a video of him playing that she’s going to show me when she comes out to visit. I can’t wait.

Over the past few years my dad has started taking up things that he has always wanted to do, but never had the time or money. My mom has started doing this too. I love this about them. They have the time, so they are starting to devote more time to doing the things they have always wanted to do. Good for them!

Side Note: The saxophone pictures were taken in my room. I really should have my sisters take more pics of my room to show you. It’s a bright blue and yellow, with a small mural I painted on the wall. It’s really out of control! I hear that my mom wanted to repaint it and turn it into a guest room, but my dad refuses to paint over my mural. Thanks DAD!

No comments :

Post a Comment