How do you measure, measure a year?

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Five hundred twenty-five thousand six hundred minutes
Five hundred twenty-five thousand moments so dear
Five hundred twenty-five thousand six hundred minutes
How do you measure, measure a year?

Today is my one year anniversary in New York! Here is how I measure my first year in this crazy city.

  • Three apartments


  • One Internship


  • Two Jobs


  • 12 Metro Cards


  • Three roommates


  • Three Ballets


  • Three Museums (Pathetic!)


  • Nine Celebrity Sightings


  • 20 Broadway Plays (Seven of these I saw more than once. I really need to stop doing that! I promise to not repeat a show until I have seen all the ones that are on my priority list)


  • Two Professional Sporting events (I really need to work on this next year)


  • 19 Movies (I know this is unacceptable. I promise to work on it. Maybe I will go see a movie this weekend)

Not bad. I love it here in the city. It does get lonely sometimes, but I’m starting to find ways to keep me distracted. Luckily for me there are plenty of them.

I haven’t quite figured out how I’m going to celebrate this momentous occasion, but I’m sure a play will be involved. On my first whole day in the city, Sarah and I went to see the Pirate Queen. Unfortunately Sarah isn’t here to relive our memorable first day, but I think it is necessary to honor our first day with a play. All I know is that it will have to be a cheap show. A year in this city is expensive.

1 comment :

  1. Hah! I forgot about the freak show! I certainly look afraid for me life in the picture... Gotta love Coney Island!

    ReplyDelete