Broadway: Wicked - I know you don't want to hear this but someone has to say it! You are out of control! I mean they're just shoes...let it go!

Thursday, April 3, 2008


Wicked! This was the perfect way to end our five days of Broadway! Kari really enjoyed the show. She confessed before we went that she had one little concern. Since she has listened to the soundtrack so many times, she was afraid that she might have a hard time with different people playing the parts of Elphaba and Glinda. Luckily she was impressed with both!

Kari thoughts on the Cast (and of course I added my two cents):

Stephanie Block (Elphaba): Kari concluded the she had an amazingly powerful voice and played the part very well. Kari didn’t think she had the range that Idina Mezel did in the original, but she really held her own. She was so impressed with her. (I was happy because I am a huge fan of Stephanie Block. I just love her!)

Annaleigh Ashford (Glinda): Kari thought she was perfect for the part. Her upper rang wasn’t as powerful as Kristin Chenoweth, but she was perfect as Glinda. I do like Annaleigh, but I felt like she started off really weak in the first song.

David Burnham (Fiyero)….HOTTTT! Kari thought he was better than Nobert Butz. I really liked David as well, but I don’t know if he was better. He’s really good looking but there’s just something about him that isn’t right!

No wonder this show is the biggest thing on Broadway! It’s an amazing show with lovable characters. It just has it all. (Sorry for the switching of tenses, I’m really bad at that, and the grammar issues. I tried to go back and fix some. Some of these sentences make my skin crawl, but I don’t have the time to go back and fix. Sorry)

No comments :

Post a Comment