Broadway: Cry-Baby: All In My Head

Friday, May 2, 2008

So what was the play of choice to celebrate my one year? Cry-Baby! I had heard that it isn't doing too well, but it’s worth the $26 for the student tickets. Therefore, I went to the box office after work today and was delight that there were student tickets left!

The show, well…It’s entertaining and worth the $26. Is it the best show I've ever seen? No, not by a long shot. Is it better than anything currently playing? No, no luck there either. I did enjoy the show for its cheesy humor and great dancing - two qualities I truly admire in a show. There are some really great songs too. I plan to buy the album when it comes out. Honestly, I probably will never see the show again, but I’m glad I did.

The best thing about the show is that Chester Gregory II is in it! I am such a fan of his. He played Terk in Tarzan. He has an amazing voice and is so funny. I can listen to him all night long.

I am glad that I went to see it, but I'm even more excited for the next one - A Catered Affair. I hear it’s really good. I can’t wait!

No comments :

Post a Comment