New Jersey's BEST Apple Cider Donuts?...Mood's Farm Market

Friday, October 3, 2014

Apple cider donuts are so popular here in New Jersey. I can't really remember ever eating one on the west coast, but maybe they are big out there too. A couple weeks ago I started looking into farms for Cohen and I to visit this fall in an attempt to spend more time out of the house. While researching, I found a lot of bragging about "the best apple ciders donuts in New Jersey." This got me thinking..."who sells the best apple cider in New Jersey." Well, "challenge accepted!" For the next month Cohen and I are going to try and find the best New Jersey apple cider donut. To get started I used this list, but I'm totally open for suggestions! Please let me know if you think you have had the best apple cider donut.

Last Saturday, Cohen and I traveled to four farms in south Jersey to kick start this quest. Mood's Farm Market in Mullica Hill, NJ was the first farm we visited.

The store at Mood's Farm is quite small. They don't really offer very much, but that's ok because most people there were buying/picking apples or buying apple cider donuts. One thing I liked about Mood's is that they offer warm, freshly made donuts. However, since the store has two large doors that they leave open, there were a lot of flies, especially around the donuts. Since the donuts were in plastic bags and they were making them in a room with walls covered by screens, it didn't bother me too much, but I think I should mention it.

The fall festivities were not as fancy as the ones at other farms that I visited, but once again I think people were there more for the apples.  If you look at the pictures below you will see a picture of a sign that says petting zoo, and yes, that's a wood horse. Not the best petting zoo if you ask me. :)


Mood's Apple Cider Donuts: $3.80 for half a dozen
  1. These donuts were a little smaller, but fatter than the other donuts I've had.
  2. They have amazing apple flavor. It wasn't overpowering, but just right!
  3. The thing I liked most about these donuts was probably the texture/density. They were a lot lighter than other apple cider donuts I've had.
  4. The sugar and cinnamon on the outside was perfect (in my opinion), but Jeff said he could have done without it.

No comments :

Post a Comment