New Jersey's BEST Apple Cider Donuts?...Terhune Orchards

Thursday, October 16, 2014

Now onto the central Jersey contenders. I have to admit all the central jersey apple cider donuts were pretty good! It was a lot harder picking a winner and a loser for the group. To tell you the truth, I would be very happy if any of these donuts were dropped off at my door. :)

I drove over to Princeton, NJ to check out Terhune Orchards. I will say this is a very charming farm! They had all the traditional Fall Activities (i.e. pumping picking, corn maze, wagon ride), and they also had a live band and were selling carmel apples.



The market was really cute. It's not very big, but you can tell that Apple Cider donuts are a big seller. There are several bags of donuts at each cash register.  They do take credit cards by they have a minimum, luckily I had cash on hand. :)



 Terhune Orchards Apple Cider Donuts: $3.50 for half a dozen

  1. Terhune's donuts are a lot chewier than others that we have tried.  Didn't seem to resonate well with my fellow test tasters, but if you are donuts on the more chewy side, these are it!
  2. They had good flavor and while it appears that there is a lot sugar on them, they didn't really taste like it.
  3. They aren't the prettiest of donuts, but it's ok...they taste good. :)


No comments :

Post a Comment