CSA: Box 2...What to do with all these vegetables?!

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

We picked up our second CSA box today and it was packed full! I couldn't believe how heavy it was when I picked it up. We didn't even use all the veggies from our last box. I'm not sure how we are going to eat all of these before everything goes bad.

With last weeks box we had salad for every dinner, which was wonderful. Jeff made a nice leek and potato soup. It was delicious. I think we decided to make pesto with the garlic scapes and swiss red chard, but just haven't gotten around to it. I think it will be a Friday project. I will keep you posted.

What did we get this week?

Well, we got a lot more garlic scapes, swiss red chard, and leeks. And the new stuff...

Yet Another Different Kind of Lettuce

Broccoli

Bok Choy

Beets

 Radishes

We really need to pick up on our vegetable intake! Our fridge is packed!

We're planning on going to the farm and picking some strawberries, but we'll see if we actually get around to doing it. We have a busy weekend ahead of us.


4 comments :

  1. I love bok choy its delicious and that's something coming from me:)
    Love Kari

    ReplyDelete
  2. After his time in Russia, Billy would immediately tell you to make a classic Russian Borscht with the beets. You may even try throwing in some of the bok choy, but definitely leeks, onions, carrots, and maybe some of the garlic scapes? I've made it plenty for him, but don't like it myself. Good luck!
    Heather and Billy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip! I was just looking up recipes for beets and all I really got was a bunch of beet salad recipes. I wanted to do something a little more fun with them. Thanks!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete