You Can Have Him!

Monday, February 4, 2008

When I’m at work I listen to an online station. I pick certain artist that I like and then it creates play list of artist that are similar. It’s kinda fun because I have artist such as Madonna, ‘N Sync, and Spice Girls selected. Talk about a walk down memory lane. Well, I was listening today and a song from my past started playing on the Spice Girls station. From the first note I knew what it was. “The Boy Is Mine” by Monica featuring Brandy (or maybe it was the other way around). I love this song. I was sitting there crunching numbers just grooving to the song when I stopped and listened to the words. You know…I love this song but I don’t know why these two ladies are fighting over this guy. He’s a jerk that’s cheating on both of them and playing them. I know there’s a serious drought of quality men (even back then), but still a girl needs to have some standards. Why would you sing-fight over this pathetic guy that lies? I know that the music video shows them call him on it, but I still think they really should rethink this song and come out with a new version. I’m thinking about helping out and rewriting the lyrics to the song. I will post them as soon as I find the creative juices needed to accomplish such a feat.

No comments :

Post a Comment