A Moment Like This....Some People Wait a Lifetime

(This picture is a reenactment of actual events)


On my way to work on Friday it started to rain. Half way between my house and the subway station I contemplated going back for my rain coat or just sucking it up and running to the station. Deciding that I didn’t want to hike the stairs again I made the mad dash to the station. I spent most of the day in the office so the rain didn’t bother me much. It wasn’t until I needed to head home that I wished I would not have been so lazy in the morning. I am proud to announce that on the way to the subway station I experienced my first drive-by car splashing. Yes, I know this is the kind of thing people dream about, and it finally happened to me. I didn’t really have the proper rain gear on, but I don’t think it would have helped if I had. The yellow taxi hit the puddle just right and completely soaked me from the waist down. And in true moments of puddle drenching I just stood there mouth open with a look of pure shock. This was the perfect way to start a Friday night and one more stereotypical movie moment that I can say I’ve experienced in real life.

Comments

  1. Oh man! At least it was on your home at the end of the day, so you didn't have to go through the rest of the day with a wet bottom half...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts