Merry Christmas to All and to All a Good Night!

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

(I like this picture because in most picture we have of Grandma she is looking away from the camera. Now we are all looking away but she isn't!)

I got to fly home on Christmas Eve to spend a week with my family. Kari picked me up at the airport and we went out to lunch at one of our favorite places. I told her before I came home that there were three things I wanted to do when I was home. They were to eat crab puffs, get a Papa Murphy’s pizza, and a Burgervillee cheese burger. I was able to achieve two of these goals the first day.

We spend Christmas Eve with my mom’s family. It was good to see everyone again. One of my cousins lives in New York too but we’ve never met up. We finally swapped phone numbers so we can get together for brunch. My favorite! This family tradition is always the same. Pizza, conversation, presents, and then we leave. Of course Peter and Uncle Scott keep us entertained with singing and jokes. I always laugh when I’m with the Olsen family. We then went home and opened up our pajamas. I’ve always loved the tradition on opening new pj’s on Christmas Eve.

Our Christmas morning was delayed a bit because Kari had to work. She got home at around 9. I was glad because I still had to wrap her present that morning. Dad was acting like the paparazzi again, taking annoying pictures while we opened presents. Oh dad! We then had an amazing breakfast and started getting ready for the Anderson family to come. Christmas day is always my favorite part of the holiday season, because we always have so much fun with this side of the family.

Grandma, Grandpa, Aunt Susan and her family (my two favorite cousins and their husbands) and Janice and Cody Ward came to have Christmas dinner with us. Grandma walked through the door and then instantly started handing out presents. I love it! There is no waiting in this family. Grandma gave us some of her jewelry this year as our gift. It’s so beautiful.

We had a nice little addition to our Christmas party this year. Aunt Susan brought her dog Newman. Oliver didn’t like him too much, but he was fun to have around. He’s a nice little addition to our family. We always have a good time with the Andersons. I just wish I could see them more.

These next few days will be fun. I’ll be working from home and going and visiting friends and family. It’s the perfect way to spend the last few days of a rather exciting yet tiring year.

1 comment :

  1. Oh my cousin... I also have a blog but nothing to exciting. I hope you are able to come over and hang with your oldest most fav cousin while you are home... Love ya!

    ReplyDelete