Looking Back on 2007

Sunday, December 30, 2007

I have spent the past few days going through my room at home and packing to return to New York. As I rummaged through old college things and unpacking here in New York I have realized that this has been quite the year.

I finished my last semester at BYU in April. I completed all my advertising classes and the one remaining stats class that I had been putting off for several years. It was a great way to finish my time at BYU. I had my capstone class, which was so much fun. I had an amazing group and a fun client. Much to our surprise and delight, we won our section of the competition. YAY! I had amazing roommates that made my last year at BYU something to remember.

I technically graduated in August, but I walked in April. My parents and sister came out to see me walk. It was nice because they helped me pack and load up the car. I’m one lucky girl. My Grandma and one of her friends also came to the graduation. We went out to lunch and had a little photo session. Good times. After the ceremony we took a few photos, jumped in the car, and didn’t look back.

My parents took me to Disneyland for my graduation gift. We drove there from Provo, stopping in Las Vegas along the way. It was fun to spend some time with the fam before I headed our for New York. After two days at Disney my parents dropped me off at the airport and I left for my internship in New York. I remember being very excited, yet very nervous at the same time. It was a dream of mine to live in New York and it was finally coming true.

When I got to the airport I discovered that the airline had lost my luggage. I started to cry. I was just so stressed-out because all my closes were in there. I had nothing. I didn’t really know where I was going and the lady was mean. Luckily they found my luggage before I got in the taxi. I was relieved that they found my luggage but nothing can explain how I felt when my phone started ringing and it was Sarah. “Where are you? When are you getting here?” From the minute I arrived at International House, Sarah and I were practically inseparable. I really enjoyed my internship days. Sarah and I played everyday after work. We went to shows, museums, shopping, and central park. Good Times! I was truly lucky to have Sarah.

After my internship Anna helped me get a job at Wunderman as a freelancer. I’m really grateful for this experience. I learned a lot at Wunderman. If it wasn’t for this short little experience at Wunderman I probably wouldn’t be here in New York still. I really owe Anna. She also helped me get the job at R/GA. I love my job at R/GA. I’m learning so much and have an amazing great team. I’m truly blessed.
I have lived in four different apartments this year: one in Provo, International House, a little place on west 104th and now my current place of residence. I hate moving. I really hate moving in New York. Luckily I had my parents help in Utah and Korts help this last time. I hope I don’t have to move too soon.
Well, this has being a very busy year, but very exciting. With graduating and my fires big girl job, this has been the year to remember. I have two truly amazing roommates that make my time here in New York ten times more enjoyable. I don’t know what I would do with out them. With the big city at my doorstep I’m sure that next year will be just as great. I just hope.

3 comments :

  1. Hope 2008 is a great year for you! 2007 was sure full of experiences. I hope you don't have to move soon either. I hate moving too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You forgot to mention the best part of the year, meeting me!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my cousin! I'm glad you are having a good time in New York but I do wish you were closer so we could see you more often! hugs...

    ReplyDelete