Girls Camp 2013 - Oh, the Places You'll Go!

Friday, December 13, 2013

I know this is totally late, but better late than never, right?

In October, I was released from my calling in the Young Women's presidency. I was sad to leave the girls, but I'm now a youth Sunday School teacher so I still get to spend time with them (once I start going back to church)

I didn't go to the full week of Girls Camp again this year. Sleeping up there with the bad mattresses and having to walk to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night didn't sound fun to me while being three months pregnant. I did get to spend a day up there with the girls which of course was a good time.

The theme this year was "Oh, the Places You'll Go!" It was such a cute theme! The girls decorate the cabin with little direction signs and lights. Our center pieces for our table (every ward makes a centerpiece to mark their table) was supposed to be a bear dressed as a Lorax, but I have to admit it turned out creepy :) I can say that because I made it! I think it looked better in theory and not so hot in execution.

I just love these girls! They are such a good time and love camp so much.





On the day I went up they had the Bishopric races (Maybe it's suppose to be Bishop races. I'm not 100% sure). Basically they have a member from each wards bishopric come up and compete in a series of water games and then generally a big water fight breaks out. A member from our bishopric couldn't make it, but luckily the spanish branch sent two so they shared with us :)




No comments :

Post a Comment