A Cake for Baby Stewart...Well, His Mom Anyways!

Last Wednesday the Young Women threw a baby shower for the lovely Sister Stewart. Sister B brought a chocolate fountain and the Young Women brought things to dip in the chocolate and games for us to play! I volunteered to bring a cake. After looking around at some of the local bakeries, I decided to make it. I'm sure it would have tasted better if I went with a professional bakery, but I wanted to put a sail boat on it and nothing at the bakeries tickled my fancy.

This was my first time using fondant and I have to admit I really enjoyed it. I just wish it tasted better :) I decided to do fondant on the top, so I could have a pretty design and then use a tip to decorate the sides. It didn't turn out how I envisioned it but it worked. I wanted the frosting on the side to look like waves, but I just couldn't get it to work. I ended up just doing a bunch of s's. Maybe I should take a class.

I don't get to make cakes often (This was my second time decorating a cake...I usually just do cupcakes), but I hope I find more occasions to in the future. It was a lot of fun!

Comments

  1. Very cute! My sister has made her own with marshmallow and says it tastes WAY better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom mentioned the marshmallow fondant too!. I will have to try and find a recipe!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts