Chicago: Day 2 - Food, Food, and More Food....Oh, and a Show!

Friday, July 6, 2012

We had another great day in the city. It was very hot (102 decrees), so we decided to spend some time at the pool after picking up breakfast at a little place called Heaven on Seven. Jeff found out about this place on Chowhound and I was a little skeptical at first, but it turned out being a fun little place. This is a hidden restaurant on the 7th floor of an office building. When we entered the builder I was sure Jeff was leading us on a wild goose chase, but in the end it turned out being a great place to get breakfast. Jeff and Sharon had the Bananas Foster pancakes and french toast (respectively). Really good! I got a bacon and cheese omelet. It was good, but they made it with American cheese which I'm not the hugest fan of. Overall, it was a nice place to get some breakfast.



We then spent the rest of the afternoon at the pool. We had to pay to use another hotels pool, but it was totally worth it.  It was sooooo hot out. We played a little pinochle of course and then headed to Giordano's for pizza. I have only been here for Chicago styled pizza, but as far as I'm conceded I don't need to go anywhere else. It's the best pizza ever! The lovely Karen recommend Giordano's on my first trip to Chicago and I don't think I will ever be able to visit this great city without stopping here.



We then headed back down to Navy Pier for a show and boat cruise. The show we saw was Cirque Shanghai: The Year of the Dragon. It was a pretty cool show and it wasn't very much money (total plus!). The performers did some amazingly crazy things! I was nervous the whole time I was watching them. You can see a little video of it here



1 comment :

  1. SO my aunt used to live in Chicago and can afford to get Giordano's flown in (frozen). I've had it here and it's AMAZING! #1 reason I want to go to Chicago. Great choice =)

    ReplyDelete