Day 3 of the Days of Mom and Kari

Friday, December 19, 2008

Wow, what a day. It started snowing this morning and didn't really stop all day. Due to the weather we had to change our plans several times, but we still had a good time.









First, we headed down to Rice to Riches for a little treat. Rice to Riches is one of my favorite places in the city, and my sister and mom have become addicted to it too. We then walked down Mulberry street to a nice little Italian restaurant. It was nice to get out of the cold for bit, and Little Italy is still one of my favorite places to eat in the city.



































After a short break at home, we headed to the MoMA for the free Friday admission. Unfortunately, it was very crowded so we decided to go shopping on Fifth instead. We only really went to the Disney store. I don't know why, but my family is drawn to this store. We always end up here. Of course we had to get our picture taken with Minnie and Goofy. Now the New York trip is officially complete!























We then went to dinner at Ellen's Stardust Diner. I have been wanting to go here for some time now, so I was so excited when Mom and Kari said they were ok with going. It was soooo much fun. The waiters sing as they serve. Here's a little video of some of the waiters. The second guy singing was my favorite. He really hammed it up. The food was pretty good too (a plus).
































One of the reasons why I thought the Stardust Diner would be perfect for dinner is because it's only a block away from the Shrek theater. Yes, that's right...we went to see Shrek the Musical. I have quite a few opinions of it, but I'm going to save them for another post (since this one is getting long). Mom and Kari both really really liked it.

1 comment :

  1. Good to know that you guys are having fun! Can't wait to see you all when you get back.

    ReplyDelete