Broadway: What the Shrek

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

So, like i mentioned before, I went to see Shrek with Mom and Kari. I really don't know where to start. I really enjoy the movie and they did do a great job of keeping a lot of the jokes in the show. I laughed a lot. My favorite part is when the Princess Fiona (younger, teenager, and adult) sing "I know it's today." I just love that song and it was so amazing to see it performed live. My second favorite part is when Lord Farquaad (he was perfect) gives a little taste of 'Wicked.' I think I laughed the hardest at that point. Words can't describe how perfect that moment is.

This show has some really great moments and then some really lame moments. It really isn't a consistently good show. Funny...with good acting.....just not.....all there. I will have to confess that I love Sutton Foster, but I just wasn't feeling her in this role. The weakest part of the whole show was a song she sings while they are escaping from the dragon. I know it's not her fault that the song isn't very good, but she really wasn't at her best.

Well, all in all...I'm glad i went to see it. Kari and Mom both liked it and it was a good laugh.

1 comment :

  1. I love Sutton Foster, too! She's so cool. I went to see Young Frankenstein because she was in it (only not when I went - and so it goes). I fell in love with her when I heard her sing in Chess. Wow, she's good.

    ReplyDelete