Broadway: And the Tony’s Are Upon Us….

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Ever since the Tony nominations came out, I have made it a goal to see as many of the shows that have major nominations (more than five) before the Tony’s. Well, the time is drawing near and there are still a few shows I need to see. Luckily I have seen all shows nominated for best Musical, with the exception of “In The Heights,” but I have tickets for that. What shows do I have to see before June 15th?



Rodgers & Hammerstein’s South Pacific
August: Osage County
Gypsy
Boeing-Boeing



I plan on doing Tony predictions, but I won’t do it until I have seen as many shows as possible. I have sixteen days. I think I can get these four shows in.

Last week, I squeezed in Xanadu. I was pleasantly surprised. I have never seen the movie, so I didn’t really know what to expect. I found a blog through a friend of a friend, and I found that all his Broadway reviews were very fair. He gives really great reviews of shows, and his little blurb about Xanadu was spot on. It was very cheesy, but amazingly entertaining. Once again, I can’t say what my pick for best musical is until I see “In the Heights.”

No comments :

Post a Comment