Broadway: Two Plays in Two Days! What can I say? I’m addicted!

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Two shows this week and I only had to pay for one! Lucky me! I went to see A Catered Affair on Tuesday night. I had heard so many great things about it, and thought it would be good to see it before the Tonys. Well, let’s just say it’s not my type of show. I thought it was boring. The acting was good. I really enjoyed Harvey Fierstein, but the rest of it was blah. I found myself wondering when it was going to be over. I felt bad feeling this way about a show. I left the theatre a little depressed. I felt better when a woman behind me said that it was the most boring show she had ever seen. This made me feel a little better. I can’t wait for the Tony nominations on Tuesday to see how it does.
The other show I saw was A Chorus Line. I enjoyed it. It’s not the best thing I have seen, but it was quite entertaining. Mario Lopez is playing Zach for a little while. He’s not the best actor in the world, but he sure was good to look at! I heard that he was taking a break for a month on May 11 to promote a book. I wanted to see him before the break, so Wednesday night was the perfect time. It’s worth a student ticket. I’m glad I got the chance to see it. I don’t think it’s going to last much longer. I bet over 1/3 of the house was empty. The balcony looked very barren.

No comments :

Post a Comment