Broadway: 'The 39 Steps'

Monday, May 19, 2008

What was the play this weekend? 'The 39 Steps'! Yes, this is an Alfred Hitchcock film. It opened earlier this month. I haven’t heard much about it, except that it was funny. I really like Alfred Hitchcock so I thought I might enjoy the play.

Four actors play about 150 different roles. I was a little apprehensive when I heard that there were only four actors, but was amazed at how wonderfully funny this show was. There were moments on stage where an actor was playing three characters by just switching hats. I know it sounds lame, but it was really funny. It just seemed to work with the type of show. They had several little puns about other Hitchcock films and Mr. Hitchcock even made his famous cameo in the play. This was a nice change from the shows I have been seeing lately. I’ve never seen anything like it. It was absolutely delightful!

The real reason why I wanted to see it was because I liked the poster. I don't know why, but I do.

No comments :

Post a Comment