Broadway: Boeing Boeing – I Guess It’s Possible

Thursday, June 5, 2008


I saw Boeing Boeing earlier in the week. Only one word can truly describe this play – hilarious! I haven’t laughed that hard in a long time. The set and costumes were fun, and the acting was amazing. Christine Baranski played the maid to the architect (played by Bradley Whitford). I love both these actors and was so surprised to see them in this show. Mark Rylance was by far the best part of the show. He did a phenomenal job and is well deserving of the Tony nomination.

The play is about an architect (Bradley Whitfod) who has three fiancés. All three fiancés are flight attendants on different airlines. He has everything well planned such that they never know about eachother. An old school friend (Mark Rylance) comes to visit the architect and gets to see how this is all done. Of course such arrangements couldn’t work forever and everything starts to fall apart as flights are canceled and newer, faster planes are introduced.

It’s a very cute show. The accents of the three flight attendants can be hard to understand at times, and they all act over the top. I think that’s why the show is a so funny. I would rate this PG-13. There’s some real intense kissing (you have to see the show to know what I mean. They take kissing to a whole new level.). I loved it…I loved it….I loved it!
I got the pictures here

No comments :

Post a Comment