And the Tony goes to….

Monday, June 16, 2008

So, I stayed up and watched the Tony’s last night. Since it was my first time doing predictions, I decided to come up with a little scoring system. According to my scoring system, I received 82%. My score was brought down due to my low scoring on best sound and best lighting. I’m ok with getting a low score on those, because I know nothing about such things. With out those two categories, my score goes up to 90%. Not bad for my first try. In all but three categories, the winner was either my first choice or second.

What do I think of the winners?
South Pacific: I’m glad South Pacific did so well, and that Paulo Szot got best leading actor in a musical. Well deserved. I’m glad In The Heights didn’t get as many as people thought it would. I liked South Pacific better and I’m glad it got the most Tonys (seven) for the night.

Gypsy: I’m not surprised about Patti LuPone, but I wish one of the other ladies would have gotten best leading actress in a musical.

Boeing-Boeing: I’m totally stoked that Mark Rylance got best leading actor in a play for Boeing-Boeing. He was my favorite part of the show. He is amazing in the role. His acceptance speech was a little weird.

Not too happy about (or disagree with):

Rondi Reed for best performance by a featured actress a play: She was good, but I thought the other ladies (that I saw) did better.

Boyd Gaines for best performance by a featured actor in a musical: I put him lower on the list. I thought he did well, but I really enjoyed Daniel Breaker (Passing Strange) and Danny Burstein (South Pacific) more.

1 comment :

  1. Erika, I saw that the Tonys were on and I totally thought of you - you're so sophisticated and cool!

    ReplyDelete