Three Months Old!

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Ahhh! I can't believe he's three months old! He's just getting so big and I don't like it! I want him to stay small forever. I almost had a melt down when I had to take the infant insert out of his car seat.

On of my favorite moments last week was when I got the larger than life smile from Cohen after I had been gone all day working in the city. Jeff was feeding him and the moment Cohen saw me he got this huge smile and wouldn't eat anymore. It melted my heart!

Cohen at 3 Months
14lb 5oz
24 1/4in

Chatting
One of my favorite parts of the day is going into Cohen's room in the morning and peeking into his crib. He sees me and just starts to smile! Then he proceeds to tell me how his night went. He's just such a little chatter in the morning. I love it! He also loves to chat when I'm chaining him. He just has so much to say at that particular moment.

Fighting....fighting sleep that is
Just before two months hit, Cohen cried (with tears) for the first time since leaving the hospital. We thought it weird, but we were able to calm him down and put him to bed. Well, we discovered a pattern was starting to emerge. At night Cohen would what we call "lose it." He would start to cry and scream. We figured he was just overstimulated or tired so we would hit the lights and rock him to sleep, but he would fight falling asleep. The Doctor G told us that he's probably so fascinated with everything that's going on that he doesn't want to miss out and therefor gets upset when he realizes he's tired. He's quite the little fighter, but to tell you the truth it's kind of fun watching him try to keep himself awake when he's just so tired and he can't keep his eyes open. To avoid the nighttime meltdowns, Jeff and I decided that we should start the going to bed process earlier. We have now found Cohen's sweet-spot....6pm to 7pm.

Sleeping
Yes, we put Cohen to bed at 6pm and he's usually asleep by 6:30pm or 7pm. We wake him up for a little night snack around 10pm, but then he goes right back to sleep and sleeps until 6am or 7am. We occasionally have a pacifier run in the middle of the night, but it only takes a min and he's back out. Let me just say....I LOVE IT!

Staring
Cohen has discovered his right hand/fist and now he stares at it often :) You will see from his pictures that he likes to hold it up right in front of his face. He stares at everything. There are times when we don't even know what's staring at, but he sure seems fascinated.

Standing....kind of
Cohen loves to stand on our laps. He's actually been doing this since around a month and a half, but now he sometimes prefers to be standing. We support him or provide balance and then he just stands and stares around the room. He's starting to last a long time.

Scratching
Of course he scratches his face from time to time, but he's gotten really good at scratching me! It doesn't matter how often I file his little nails they still get me! Ouch!




No comments :

Post a Comment