SARAH! Sarah, Sarah, Sarah, Sarah...

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Sarah came for a short visit this weekend. I have been looking forward to her coming for some time and I'm so excited that she's finally here.
I took Friday afternoon off work so we could go out and play. After lounging about the apartment for awhile we went out to eat at Mughlai. KZ recommended it and I'm sure glad she did, because it was amazing. Sarah and I both love Indian food, so this was the place for us.


We then headed down to Time Square to see A Steady Rain. It's a two man play about two Chicago cops. Oh, and who were the two men playing the cops? Well, that would be Daniel Craig and Hugh Jackman (insert high pitch girly scream here). It was amazing! I wasn't so sure how I would like the two man show thing, but these guys pulled it off sooo well. I truly have a new found respect for Daniel Craig. He started talking in his Chicago accent and I couldn't believe that this man was James Bond. He truly is a talented actor. Hugh Jackman did a fabulous job as well. The two had great chemistry. I really enjoyed the play. It kind of jumps around a lot, but I thought it was written so well that you could follow. It had a lot of surprises. Good show!


My favorite part was at the end when both actors came out to do a little blurb about donating money to Broadway Cares (most shows do this this time of year). This show was slightly different because instead of just donating money they had an auction for the two white beaters that Daniel and Hugh were wearing for the show. Sarah and I almost lost it when they started stripping down to the white beaters. Both shirts went for $10k! The people that won got to go back and meet the guys and have their pictures taken with them. They also offered for people to donate $2k to go back and get your picture taken with them. I was so tempted, but I was strong and restrained myself.

It was a great Friday night!

No comments :

Post a Comment