Bye Bye Bye Kids!

Sunday, August 31, 2008


-->
The two old kids just left. They decided to take a cab instead of the subway. The subway was a hard thing for them. It was kinda cute.










We went to Alice's Tea Cup for brunch on Saturday morning. It is one of my favorite places in the city. Dad really like it the last time we went, so I thought it would be nice to go again. We spent most of Saturday at Coney Island. It was a long ride out there, but I think they were glad they went. Dad went on Cyclone and loved it. He had to buy the "I survived the Cyclone" t-shirt. I think he left with four or five new t-shirts. We really just took pictures and ate at Nathans. They both enjoyed the Nathans hot dogs.



























We hit up Canal Street on the way back home. Canal Street is just one of those places you need to experience at least once. After checking out some of the store, we walked up Little Italy.

I really wanted Dad to try Rice to Riches. He said he didn’t really like rice pudding, but he would try anything for me. Well, he tried some of the chocolate and fell in love. He said if he knew it was that good he would have gotten one of the larger ones. We ended up buying two epics for him to take back to Kari and Mom. Now that's what I call love. Kari is addicted to Rice to Riches. Dad sure is nice for taking it back for her. Aunt Susan didn't try any. She said it looked nasty. Her lose!

We went to dinner at Bubba Gumps and then the kids went to see Mamma Mia! They both loved loved loved it! I was so happy. They paid a lot of money for the tickets, so I was glad that they enjoyed it so much. They were excited when they got back.

We walked across central park today. Then we walked down to the NBA store. Dad sure loves that store. We then went to Bed Bath and Beyond, where Dad bought me a new toilet seat. He's so sweet. The one at my apartment was broken and Dad kept making comments about it. He even put the new one on. Thanks Dad!

It was sure fun having them here. They are bot h so funny and make life interesting. They are now talking about coming back next year to go to the US Open again. I hope! I really enjoy the free dinner! I will nee d to go on a hardcore diet for the next month to lose the weight I gained while they we re here. I don’t think I have ever eaten that much in my life. It sure was good.

No comments :

Post a Comment