Washington Trip January 2017: Date Night in Portland - Pearl Bakery

Friday, February 3, 2017

My mom and Kari were kind enough to watch Cohen while Jeff and I spent an evening in Portland for our date night. I've always enjoyed visiting downtown Portland, but after this trip I've decided thatI love it.  It has an amazing atmosphere and both Jeff and I really enjoyed ourselves.

We met Kari at PSU for lunch before heading to Pearl Bakery. Those of you that know us well,  know that we are all about the food. We always do research before heading out to try new places. Pearl Bakery was one of the bakery's in the area that had good reviews and it wasn't a far walk from our hotel. We weren't blown away, but it was definitely good.

I had the Gibassier. I loved the texture (totally fluffy) and the sugar on top, but it had a black licorice aftertaste that I wasn't a fan of.

I also had the Chocolate Hazelnut Croissant. This isn't your traditional chocolate croissant (you know the one with just two small strips of chocolate in the middle). It was full of chocolate and hazelnuts! It was amazingly rich, but I enjoyed it.




No comments :

Post a Comment