First day of my diet....but first...a quick trip to Carlo's Bakery

Monday, January 6, 2014

I'm going to be more healthy this year! Today is the first day of my diet. Let's be honest, there will probably be several "first day of my diet" days this year :) They're usually Mondays.

As a last minute sweet treat this weekend I went to Carlo' Bakery....you know....the Cake Boss Bakery. I've been wanting to go to his bakery in Hoboken, but have never made the trek. Also, I heard that it is crazy busy with lines down the street. Well, the Cake Boss is doing so well that he has started opening bakeries all over the area and that includes Red Bank! Basically, it takes me longer to park than to drive to the bakery :) and that's a bad thing!

Everything looked absolutely delicious! I ended up buying a few different things for Jeff and me to try (Cream Puff, Hazelnut Cream Puff, Eclair, Strawberry Shortcake Eclair, and a Lobster Tail). Jeff said everything was "decent." I thought everything was better than decent. I did like the "lobster tail." It was kind of too sweet but the pastry was great!

I guess I will have to wait until the next day before my "first day of my diet" before I can go again. How long do you think that will be?





No comments :

Post a Comment