Food Photography: Week 8 - Chinese

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

So, Jeff pulled Chinese Food for my food challenge this week. We weren't really sure what we should make since we don't really cook a whole lot of Chinese. Then Jeff recommended we go to the Asian Food Market in Middletown and pick up some Char Siu Bao (Pork Buns)! Jeff and I started buying Char Siu Bao at the Asian Food Market during our first year of marriage and it now it has become a special treat in our house.

We bought the Char Siu Bao that is made at the Asian Food Market which we don't normally do since they are generally sold out.  Jeff and I usually buy the kind that is packaged in the frozen section.

I think the meat that is in the homemade ones is of better quality then the frozen ones, but I think I like the flavor of the frozen ones better. Good to know for next time :)




Jeff ended up buying the below "thing" (I'm not sure what it's called) while we were at the market. It was wrapped in leaves and had rice, beans, and duck in it. We steamed it with the buns (We're not sure if that's what you're supposed to do). It was different, but we enjoyed it.


2 comments :

  1. We called those chinese tamales. I think the sticky rice in them...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! They are chinese tamales! (I just googled it and that's exactly what they are) Thanks Kim!

      Delete