Just Around the Riverbend...

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Day two in Texas Sarah and I went to the lake for a little time on the water. I'm not sure what this is called, but basically we paddled around on surf boards. It was a lot of fun. The man renting them told us that the fall-in rate was very high, so plan on getting wet. I'm proud to announce, that we both didn't fall in! It was really cold, but it was a lot of fun.


We then went shopping while we waited to meet Sarah's parents for dinner. Sarah was kind enough to take me to one of the Tiffany's in Austin. I got a toy soldier Christmas ornament.


We also went to see the bats. Supposedly there are a lot of bats that live under a bridge near downtown Austin. At twilight they all fly out in a line. It's supposed to be very impressive. Unfortunately, the bats had all flown south for the winter, so we didn't see much. I'm hoping to go back in the summer to see these infamous bats.


Sarah surprised me after dinner by taking me to see Esther's Follies. It was hilarious! It's a musical/comedy/magic show. I haven't laughed so hard in a long time.

4 comments :

  1. Ok it looks so pretty in your photos! I live in Austin now and so it's fun to see what you've been doing! I'm sorry you missed the famous bats. It's kind of gross when they all come out but kind of cool too. You'll just have to visit again when it's warm out!

    ReplyDelete