Mama, I’m a Big Girl Now

Friday, January 18, 2008

I am a big girl. Here I am living on my own, working hard for the money, and paying bills. I’m living the real life. I have enjoyed my time in adult-ville. I’ve been slowly taking steps away from my parents towards independence. Some steps have been larger then others, but I’m really grateful that they didn’t just throw me out.

Why am I bringing this up now? Well, tomorrow I have five goals. One is to dye my hair. Believe me it is needed. Second is to go get a hair cut. Once again it is needed. I need to mail my dad birthday gift. Then I need to go to the gym. The fifth and final thing is the most important of all. I have to go find my new dentist, eye doctor, and doctor. I have been on my parents insurance for all my life and they have always picked my doctors. Everything was paid for so I never had any worries. Now I’m on my own insurance and have big girl decisions to make about the people that I trust to take good care of me. I should have done this two months ago but I have been putting it off. The truth of the matter is that I am on my last pair of contacts, I have a tooth ache and I really haven’t been feeling well. Remember an earlier post about throwing up on the subway. Yeah, something like that. This is needed and I’m determined to find my new health care professionals tomorrow and set up appointments for the near future. Can I do it? Can I take one more giant step into adulthood? I just hope these people are nice and will answer my many questions. We shall see how this goes. Hopefully I will have time to play tomorrow too.

1 comment :

  1. Dang girl! That is a total adult decision! I hope it went well. Good thing I don't have a job, so I don't have to deal with things like that ;)

    ReplyDelete