Just a shout-out to my g-chat buddies!

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I have a confession to make. I’m madly, deeply in love with gchat. I can go without food or water for a few days, but gchat. No way! I became an avid user when I started my internship. It was a nice way to keep in contact with other interns and plan the evening’s events. Unfortunately I got stuck on it and can’t seem to get off it. Is this a bad thing? I think not! It is because of this blessed tool that I can keep in contact with my dear friends that live on the other side of the country. To tell you the truth, I only talk to about two people that are not in New York, but with out their constant guidance I would be lost.

I have about four regulars that I talked to almost everyday. But there is only one that well…just brightens my day when I see that she is on. And that’s Brenna! I’m still hurt that she left me here in New York and decided to go home, but I’m starting to get over it. I don’t know if I ever will truly forgive her. Even though she’s in Utah we still do everything together. We blog together, apply for jobs together, email potential employers together, and gossip together. Good times. My days go a lot faster when she’s on. I just wish she could be here.

MR is another west coasty that I have contact with via g-chat. I don’t think I would have much connection to the west coast if it wasn’t for her. While we don’t talk as many hours with her as Brenna, I’m always excited when she gets on. Oh! If anyone needs someone to help them with scrapbook MR’s the one to go to. Scrap That!
Of course I have a few New Yorker buddies that I talk too. I even live with one of them and we chat while in the same room. It reminds of my old college days. Good times! If anyone wants to get a hold of me...don’t bother with the phone, mail, smoke signals, or carrier pigeons– you won’t get a response. Gmail is the only way!

1 comment :

  1. Aaahh Erika-- I sure do like you! My day is really just not complete on the days you aren't on. Thanks for all your advice and help with the job process. I wouldn't be where I am now without having you read everything first and give advice :) love ya!
    --b

    ReplyDelete