Washington DC Trip: A day (and a half) at the Zoo!

Friday, March 24, 2017

Jeff and I decided to travel down to DC to go see the cherry blossoms, unfortunately, due to crazy weather, the peak prediction (which was updated twice) was off and we were several days early. Oh, well. We will try again next year! We still had a fantastic time in DC!

On the first day Jeff dropped me and Cohen off at the zoo while he went to the hotel to work. Cohen and I both loved it! It's kind of hilly (my fitbit thought I walked 36 flights of stairs), but the exhibits are great! I think our favorite from the first day were the pandas and the sea lions. The pandas were so cute! The sea lions have a really fun exhibit. There is an area where you can throw a ball up in the air and the sea lions do little flips in the water. Cohen thought this was the funniest thing ever!

I will say that it was totally weird that we could just walk in! The zoo is free....(well, there is no fee to enter. It's paid for by our tax dollars.) If only all my tax dollars were spent in such an enjoyable way.








We had such a great time at the zoo we decided to go back on the way home. Jeff wanted to see the pandas :) and who knew that Jeff likes zoos! There was so much that Cohen and I didn't see, so we had no problem going back!






No comments :

Post a Comment