Ok, I know I have been a total slacker when it comes to blogging. I'm so sorry. There's been a lot going on and I wish I could blame my lack of blogging on that, but the truth is that I'm just being lazy. Sorry again. Here's a little bit of what I have been up too and part of the reason I have been so lazy :)
- I'm Pregnant! - On March 6th Jeff and I found out that we are expecting a "little" (what Jeff likes to call babies). It was totally unexpected, but we are both really excited about the new addition to our family. We decided not to wait on finding out the gender and found out that we are having a little boy. Jeff is really excited about this because he wasn't so thrilled with the idea of a girl (just because of what they turn into when they are teenagers - Nice Jeff). I sent my parents Grandma and Grandpa shirts as a way of telling them about their new grandchild.
- Getting the house ready for the baby: Jeff and I have been busy with baby prep over the past few months. It doesn't feel like we have made much progress, but we have spent several of the past few weekends on different house projects. We are currently painiting a room upstairs so that I can move my craft room up there and turn my craft room into the baby room. We've also been doing a little shopping. I think this was more for me than Jeff. I was just so excited about buying baby cloths that I had to buy something before I went crazy. Mom, Kari, and Dad have been doing a lot of shopping on their end and have already sent me a big box of adorable baby cloths.
- An unexpected visit home - Many of you may already know but my dad was in a bike accident on May 15th. He was hit by a car while going for his usual ride after work. I was able to take some time off work and fly over to visit him for a week. It was nice being home and getting a chance to see him. I took a few pictures while at the hospital. It was hard seeing my dad in so much pain, but he's doing so much better now and has had a very fast recovery. I think he wishes it was faster.
- A trip to Atlantic City - I went down to AC with Jeff for his annual conference. It was a nice relaxing trip for me, but not so much for him.
- A Party for the Buhl's - Our good friends the Buhl's decided to head back to Arizona after spending two years here in NJ. We got to spend some quality time with them before they left. We saw Phantom of the Opera in the city, went to Restaurant Nicholas, and had a little party at our house. They will be missed.
I hope it won't be several month until my next post, but we shall see. Jeff and I were supposed to go away for the 4th of July but I'm thinking this isn't going to happen. We will be traveling to Utah for the last week of July for the New Family Reunion. Should be a good time :)