a first class anniversary: Kensington Palace

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Last time Jeff and I were in London we didn't do a lot of the tourist stuff. We walked around a lot of went out to great places to eat. :) This time were a little bit more touristy. I really feel bad for Jeff cause I made him go a lot of the historical places. He was a good sport about it.

Our first day we went to Kensington Palace. I was really looking forward to going since I'm such a huge Royal Family fan (especially Diana). I loved the grounds! They were so beautiful! Of course a large part of it was under construction so we couldn't see everything. :( There's always next time.



We went inside to see the Enchanted Palace exhibit. I have to admit that I was a little disappointed. I just wanted to see some of the rooms and learn about some of the Princess that lived there, but they had these modern fashion installations which told the stories of some of the Princess that lived there, but in a modern art way. While I did get into learning about the princesses, the fashion/modern art part was a little over the top for me. It was really dark with black lights in there and you couldn't really see the rooms.  I think I will have to try and see it again next time we go when they have something else in the rooms. Here are some of the pictures of the things I thought were cool.





1 comment :

  1. Jeff's a trooper; I'm not sure I'd get Chuck to tag along through all those dresses and tiaras. I can't wait to read about the rest of your trip and live vicariously through you Erika!!

    ReplyDelete