Broadway: American Buffalo

Saturday, November 22, 2008


-->I heard earlier in the week that American Buffalo might be closing on Sunday Nov 23 (it officially opened on Nov 17...sad!). According to the producer, the show would close on Sunday if sales didn't go up this weekend. I have heard nothing good about this show, but I still wanted to see it because Haley Joel Osment is in it. (I sure love that little guy). So, I ended up getting tickets to see it this week (to show my support of Haley). Maybe it was because I had heard nothing good about it, but I was surprised that I liked it. I had heard that Speed-the-Plow was better, but I would have to disagree. The acting in American Buffalo is far superior to Speed-the-Plow. Haley Joel Osment did an amazing job for his Broadway debut. John Leguizama, who I am also a fan of, did a fabulous job too. I'm so glad I could see him perform. Cedric the Entertainer was also in the show. It was his broadways debut too, and I was very impressed. I was totally blown away that it was his broadways debut.
While the acting was outstanding, I wasn't overly impressed with the story. It was funny and witty, but not the best play I have seen. Once again, I think it was better than Speed-the-Plow. I did enjoy a majority the story, but I just wasn't feelin' the ending. They also swear a lot in it. Not the most swear word infested show, but it was a lot.

2 comments :

  1. Is he smoking? How old is he? That is sad...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What i wouldn't give to see John Leguizamo in a play

    ReplyDelete